Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Family Thing

The Story....

So yes a few months ago I decided to leave my big city life to head back home well I guess head back to my new home in Sturgis South Dakota.

Sometimes we all just need a little change.

But it's become a funny thing though cause sometimes it just sounds like a long sad story. I was living in NY and decided to quit my pastry job so I could go back home to work with my dad. Here I am a trained french pastry cook working a bar doing all crazy kinds of jobs. But the one thing people do not understand...

Is it was my decision.

I was not asked or forced by my dad I wanted to do this. To be honest it was perfect timing. I was ready for a change. So i think sometime people see me and wonder why I am doing thing. I'm doing this because I love the business my dad has had. He built it from the ground up. And I hope one day I can do the same thing.

I wanted to be more involved.

So yea I took the summer off but not from working, I guess really from baking. And maybe I'll decide to keep going on with my dad and find some more events or maybe I'll find a job. All I really know is this summer has been great. Working side by side with my dad and getting back to my routs. 

This is a summer I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment