Monday, March 28, 2011

Kitchen Time

So I have been working for a month now, and its been a long and tiring month. But at the same time it has been good, this is an experience that I know will be great for me. Anytime anyone starts something new, there is a lot to adjust to, and that is what I am doing right now. Just trying to adjust to something I am not use to. I never wanted to work in a restaurant, but it just happened, I decided it was something to at least try. There is no harm in trying, just so much to gain!

So I started reading Anthony Bourdain-Kitchen Confidential, which I have not gotten far, but its already great, I love how inappropriate he is. I'm reading this book, and it makes you know someone understands you, that there is this society of people who understand what working in a restaurant is like, as well as just working in the food industry all together.

“ I’m asked a lot what the best thing about cooking for a living is. And it’s this: to be a part of a subculture. To be part of a historical continuum, a secret society with its own language and customs. To enjoy the instant gratification of making something good with one’s hands-using all one’s senses. It can be, at times, the purest and most unselfish way of giving pleasure (though oral sex has to be a close second). ” - Anthony Bourdain

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!! So true. I'm borrowing this quote (minus the last sentence, of course) for my status!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its great!! If you haven't read his book you should, Im already half way through. And working in a restauratnt it all makes so much sense!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete