Sunday, December 9, 2012

Becoming a Chef...

When I started this blog it was about me attending pastry school, and about my world around it. About everything I was doing with my pastry career. I thought it would always be about me going from job to job.

Learning everything I possibly could, I want to see what the world has to offer.

My Dad and I took over a restaurant, and by doing that I landed a "Pastry Chef" Job and pretty much an "Executive Chef" Job. I am not Chef right now, and I would not walk in anywhere and tell somenoe I was. But all the desserts in the Restaurant are all things I put together and made, and I plate them everynight. And between my dad and I we have been putting together menu after menu right now. I want to be hands on in everything that is going on

So it put me in a position I never thought of having, or thought I would have.

It is a hard time, trying to figure out menus and also having to go through with them. The pastry part comes to me, but being in SD I know people want more of simplicity. But coming up with the regular menu is hard, and it is something very new for me. But it is a learning process and it will take time. But I know that its going well now, and overtime it will get even better.

Everything happens for a reason, and I know this restaurant was for something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment