Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I want that Feeling

When you are in a kitchen, you have a feeling,  a feeling of being complete, of feeling as if you are home. You get this feeling that you love being in the kitchen, and you would not want to be anywhere else.

That is what my last kitchen was, we had love for each other, and for food.

I miss being around people who love what they are doing, people who want to learn, people who want to teach others. The last place might of not been perfect, but it was a wondeful place for me to start. The people who were working with me there were also wonderful. People took time out of there day, to help each other out, to teach other things. We were a group of people who really got a long with each other, who really understood each other.

I want that unity back.

I want to be in a kitchen where people want to be professional, where people clean up after themselves, where people ask questions before they do whatever they want. Being back in the kitchen is a wonderful feeling, its the one place that gets me, understands who I am and what I want to do.

But will I get back to a kitchen that I love again, that I love who I am around?

I miss the long night, I miss the covers, I miss the unity, I miss the happy times, I miss the crazy times, I miss the time we were in the weeds, I miss people understanding what being in the weeds is, I miss being with people who understand what being in the kitchen is all about, I miss feeling wanted, I miss the crazyness of the city, I miss the people, I miss the things that everyone cares about that people do not care about here.

Im just missing it all, Im missing my family.

Don't get me wrong, I love what my dad and I have done. I love the restaurant we opened, its just people don't get me here. I feel like people don't understand what it is like to be in a real kitchen that should be run well. Ill be missing it for awhile untill I put together a life here, feel like I have soemthign here.

Im excited though to get my desserts out to people.

1 comment: