Monday, January 18, 2010

First Week…In the Kitchen

Being in the Kitchen is exciting; it’s just this whole new experience that I am going through. I mean I have been in tons of kitchens before but this is the one I am learning everything in. Everything I didn’t know before I am learning in this amazing kitchen, with the best ingredients possible. It is great to be able to do something you love everyday, when I was attending college it just wasn’t what I wanted. The classes were just nothing I really wanted, when I started studying entrepreneurship things got better for me, but it still wasn’t everything for me. I guess I always knew this is what I wanted, which is awesome for me, there are people everyday trying to figure out what they want to do. But hey guess what, I know what I want to do…at least for the most part.

School has been cool…haha…I’m sad it is Monday and there is no school today, I mean for once I actually like going to class. But this first week has been exciting, we did a bunch of stuff, we started with learning our basic knife skills, and learning some basic techniques that we will always need to know. My stream is starting with Sugar Candies, and we have already made so many things; Meringues, Caramel, Nougat, Marshmallows, Pralines, and that is just a little taste of what we are doing. I have another week of sugar candies, and then we go into ICE CREAM…Yum Yum!

Besides school not much has been happening, Annie and I have just been hanging around the neighborhood trying to find jobs. Job hunting is going alright…I have a few applications just have to finish them up and turn them in. I just hate applications; it’s the one thing I hated about finding a college. The application process is always the worst.

I did get to go bowling with some FPS friends last night, it was a good time, and it is great to have a group of friends who get you. The group of classmates I am with are awesome, we all get each other and I think we all for the most part click. We have all been there for each other just in these past two weeks and it is very helpful. We all have totally different backgrounds but in the end we all come together in the kitchen and make some awesome creations.

Everyday I can tell more and more that this is the best choice I have ever made!!
I am so glad that I can go through all this, and share it with everyone!
I will keep you all posted, more sugar candies this week…and who knows what else could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment