Friday, January 8, 2010

My First Week of PASTRY SCHOOL!!!

Its Friday, I got through my first week of school and I am so happy, happier then I have been in awhile. It feels so good to know that this is my dream and it’s something I’m actually accomplishing. Dreams do come true…and I’ve made the first step.

This week was pretty exciting to meet all the chefs and get to know them and also getting to know everyone in my stream. I can already tell I am making some really good friends that could last a lifetime.

Getting to meet everyone was so nice; it’s a great feeling to be around so many people who love what you love. But lets just say if we could of met everyone and did a little tour that would have been good enough ha ha. I guess I have never been good at sitting in classroom and paying attention, so doing that all week was pretty hard.

Monday we did a whole orientation and got to meet all the staff, finish up paper work, and we got our uniforms!!! Our uniforms are so sweet, I guess when everyone has to wear them no one can make fun of you. My pants are so baggy on me its ridiculous but at least I was able to exchange my pants for a smaller size so now another person can’t fit in my pants with me.
Well then the next two days we had our sanitation class which was a BLAST ha ha!! I did learn some stuff I didn’t know but it was a long time just to sit in there and listen. But our instructor was way funny and nice, and gave us so much extra information.

The final two days this week had been long and tiring, we were just in lectures all day long. Yesterday we got our textbooks they are so big! But looking through them you just get more and more excited for it all. But today we got our tool kits…its so exciting like everything is getting real each day…one day at a time and soon one day I will be graduating and then everything will be change.

I’m just waiting for Monday when we all go into the locker room change to our chef outfits and get to go in the kitchen. It will feel so surreal but its going to be so much fun.

I am just excited for Monday!! My stream is starting off with sugar candies!
Post tomorrow about my apartment...and anything else going on...and some more pictures.

2 comments:

  1. love it!!!!!! i know your having fun! hit the city this weekend.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really the only thing you need to remember from a sanitation perspective is to wash your hands AFTER ya poop.

    ReplyDelete