Sunday, January 3, 2010

Just Getting Settled In

So I’m finally in Chicago, its kind of crazy nothing has really hit me yet. It took awhile for my Dad and Brother to figure out how to get all our stuff in the car, we had to leave a few things behind but we will be ok. Our little road trip was fun, didn’t have much time to do anything but we made the best out of it. Annie told me about car games she plays with her family so we did those and made many of our own, we are thinking about publishing a book so watch out!
Friday night was fun we stayed at a Motel and got really hungry, there was nothing open around where we were so we ate a turkey log my dad gave us and cut it with a knife that I took somewhere. It was good times. Then in the morning I went to see what they had for breakfast, there chocolate muffin smelled like a scratch and sniff. It was horrible.

Driving in Chicago was different a little overwhelming but I think I did great, well I got us to our destination so I must of done GREAT! I only took two wrong exits, ha ha but that is what a GPS is for. When we finally got to our place and parked we looked to the right and realized there is a synagogue on the same block as us, so I was way excited!

Unloading my car was interesting, we thought it was going to take us forever but it only took us 8 trips. It was pretty tiring and some of our loads were really bulky, plus we had to keep using the key to open every door so it was a little of a challenge, but we got it done! Let’s also just say the weather here is very cold so every trip we made pretty much got colder and colder. Well we are pretty much all settled in still unpacking a few last bags but besides that we got it all pretty much done!

We already took our first adventure out to the supermarket we got some dinner which was frozen pizza and a little cake to celebrate our new adventure together! Also we got all our items to make egg-in-a-hole this morning!

Everything else is great, just finishing up all the unpacking and going out to do a test run to my school, don’t want to be late for the first day or get lost.

I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes! First Day of School!! I can not wait!!

3 comments:

  1. so so so exciting!!!!!! cant wait to hear about the first day! take pics of where you are living and EVERYTHING!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have pics up this weekend when my internet is working better and ill let you know more of everything going on.

    Well Alisa you can come visit me in chicago anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete