Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Next 23 Weeks

Tomorrow I step into the kitchen and my whole life changes, this is a big step to everything I have wanted for a long time. These next 23 weeks will be the best/hardest time in my life. I am so ready for everything that is in store, but I also know this will be the hardest thing I do.

Lets be honest the first week we are starting some basics and one of those basis is knife skills, which lets be honest I am the worst! If I know anything I know how to cut myself more than to cut the item I am trying to cut. But you do need to learn from your mistakes; I just need some actual teaching of how to really use things properly. I am also deathly afraid of graters because I always feel like I am going to cut myself and that is never fun. I mean I am scared of watching someone uses one, it just freaks me out. But once I learn from it all everything will be better, well at least I hope so.

What I am trying to say is these next 23 weeks mean everything to me and means everything for my life. This is the start of my new life and I am giving everything I have to this. This is the greatest opportunity I can ever have and I don’t want to ruin any of it. I also do not want to miss any of it, I want to soak it all in and learn from everything I can. And I need to take in every opportunity I have, because most things only come once.

This means I will not have much free time, most of my time is going to be used for school. Between class times, stages, volunteering, and trying to find a job, my free time is very limited. So I do want to say sorry if I am not available all the time, or can not get back to you right away. I just have to really concentrate on everything I am doing. I need to make sure I do not miss out on anything.

But I do want to say at the same time, if you don’t give any effort of trying to talk to me or staying my friend there will be no effort back. I need supportive friends right now, I know all my family is supportive and I will always have them, but my friends I am not always sure of. There are those people you know you will always be good with, and they will stay in touch with you, but then there are those friends that the minute you leave it’s over. So if you are one of those friends, then just remember you don’t put any effort then I don’t either, I don’t have the time to be friends with people who don’t care.

I am not trying to be harsh…but after this first week of orientation I realized how much work I really need to put in school. This is a lot of work and I can’t worry about dumb little drama that won’t matter down the road. The friends that I can keep through all this will be the friends I will keep forever.

I will try and post on here once a week to let everyone know what is going on with me. But please feel free to message me anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I want all my friends and family to know everything I am doing, because I want you all to be apart of what I am doing. This journey is for me, but I want to share it with the people I really care about.

This is the first week in the kitchen and I am more excited than ever!!

I am just ready for this journey to really begin!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first week!!! I am so excited for you! You are gonna do great! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am so very excited for you Ashley! I feel so lucky to be here with you in Chicago and to be your roommate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooooooveeee you. i wrote down your email and number... and as much as i possibly can i am gonna keep in contact. you know i love ya forever and support you.

    maybe you can forward your blogs to me...?????

    and dont send to many pics to me cause the file cany be too big, but i want pics too hahah.

    i will miss and have missed you the last few weeks. you will always be my friend and i think what your doing is amazing and will be so rewarding. you are a hard worker and i am sooooo proud of you. and think you are awesome.

    love you misssss smelly pants.

    ReplyDelete