Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wedding Cakes...Oh My!!

So finishing up with the two weeks of wedding cakes, buttercream and fondant. Oh how much this is a joy...not...lets just say Im not very sure how I feel about this unit.

Buttercream cakes were fine, I just did not like the buttercream lets just say I feel like we just smoothed out some butter on some cake. It was too much for me. But I did get to work on piping which is always a good thing.

So my Buttercream cake turned out fine, the piping is all over the place but I just messing around. But you know for the most part I would say it is pretty decent.


I did like how the top came out, I just went for it and called it good. Somtimes you just got to go with the flow. That is how my piping is usually.

Then we did fondant cakes, well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is a little frustrating, but it turns out to be beautiful.


I was told that mine would be perfect for a "Sweet Sixteen" haha...Im sorry but I love pink...and if I ever get married my color will be Pink.

But fondant cakes are not too bad, I would liked to learn a little more and get better at making the flowers, but not something I want to do for the rest of my life.

Ill be posting some more right away...i had the most amazing weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment